Shimla is an ideal destination to spend summer season in India. The ‘Queen of Hill Stations’ in Himachal Pradesh is one of the favorite holiday getaways. The salubrious climate was in fact the reason that the British colonials settled here every summer. There are several accommodation options, and amazements. Come with your loved ones to the town, listed among the top places for a summer vacations in India.
Things to do in Shimla:
- Hop on the Toy Train from Kalka to Shimla.
- White water rafting at Tattapani.
- Linger around the Mall Road to eat, shop and enjoy.
- Visit the beautiful Christ Church on the Ridge near the mall.
- Trek to Jakhu Hanuman Temple, perched on top of a hill.
- Explore the British architecture of Viceregal Lodge, Christ Church, etc.
- A visit to Kufri, Chail and Mashobra, beautiful hill getaways.
- Get a family photo in the traditional attire for a fond memory.
How to reach
The Himalayan Toy Train is one of the best ways to arrive in the hill town. Frequent buses, cabs are available from major cities. The nearest airport is in Chandigarh.[ Plan your holiday in Shimla with these customized packages ]
One of the popular summer holiday destinations in India, Manali in Himachal Pradesh has the perfect combination of scenic beauty, adventure and everything you need for a memorable vacation. The picturesque town is surrounded by snow-capped mountain peaks and greenery nurtured by River Beas. Enjoy the sights from Indian legends. Try out trekking, river rafting, paragliding, zorbing, etc. The highlight of your holiday is, enjoying snow at the Rohtang Pass.
Things to do in Manali:
- Sightseeing at Hadimba Temple, Van Vihar Himalayan Nyingmapa Gompa monastery, Club House, etc.
- Indulge in adventure sports at Solang Valley
- Visit Rohtang Pass for snow.
- Go river rafting in the River Beas.
- Short trips to Kullu, Manikaran Gurudwara, Jogini Falls, Arjuna Gufa, Bhrigu Lake and Vashisht Hot-Water Springs.
- Picnic at the apple orchards.
- Camping and trekking.
How to reach
The road to Manali is a beauty, therefore the best way to get to the hill town is on a bus, cab or your own private vehicle. The nearest airport is in Bhuntar, 50 km. away. The nearest railway station is Chandigarh, 350 km away.[ Plan your trip to Manali with these best customized packages ]
3. Andaman and Nicobar
Beaches in the summer may not seem appealing but this thought certainly changes when you are in Andaman and Nicobar Islands in the Bay of Bengal. Enjoy the perfect summer holiday in India by relaxing on the sandy shores, exploring the cerulean waters, tropical rainforests, and historical sites with amazing adventure sports. Relish the delicious tastes of tropical fruits and coconut water on your holiday in this haven.
Things to do in Andaman:
- Visit Port Blair, Havelock Island, Neil Island, and Radhanagar Beach among many.
- Adventure sports like swimming, scuba diving, snorkeling, sea-walking.
- Bird watching in the tropical rainforests.
- Visit in passing India’s only active volcano in the Barren Island.
- Enjoy picturesque sunrise and sunset.
- Bask in the sun, play in the blue waters, and laze in the languid beach resorts.
How to reach
The islands are quite remote. Flight connections to Port Blair are available from selected airports, so are sea cruises. Kolkata and Chennai are the two cities with connectivity to the island archipelago in Bay of Bengal.
Darjeeling in West Bengal in one of the popular summer holiday getaways in the North East. Presided by the majestic Kanchenjunga (8,586 meters above sea level) and surrounded by the emerald-green tea plantations, the hill town is perfect for a relaxing summer vacation. Explore the beautiful sights created by nature and man. Learn about Tibetan roots at the monasteries. Indulge in delectable treats, shopping and more.
Things to do in Darjeeling:
- Ride the Toy Train to get to the hill town.
- Soak in the bliss at Batasia Loop and Gorkha War Memorial.
- Explore Tea Gardens at Happy Valley Tea Estate.
- Watch the majestic sunrise from Tiger Hill
- Trek to the Peace Pagoda at Charlemont Hill.
- Explore the wildlife at Padmaja Naidu Zoological Park.
- Shop for treats at the Mall Road.
How to reach
The hill town in North East India is best accessible by the Toy Train. Jalpaiguri is the nearest railway station and the closest airport is in Siliguri. Cabs frequent ply to the hill town.
God’s Own Country, Kerala is not very far behind in being host to popular summer holiday destinations in India. Munnar settled in the lush lap of Western Ghats is a pleasant escape when the heat goes rising. Famous for its beautiful sights, tea plantations, unique flora and fauna, aroma of spices, and pleasant weather. With so much to see, do, and enjoy, why go anywhere else?
Things to do in Munnar:
- Enjoy the lush beauty of tea gardens.
- Visit Kundala Lake, Echo Point and Elephant Lake
- Trek to Anamudi Peak
- Explore Tata Tea Museum
- Pay a visit to Chithirapuram, Devikulam, and Chinnakanal
- Stay in a tree house
- Trekking to the echo point, mountain biking, Shikara ride in Kundala Lake
- Elephant safari at the Carmelagiri Elephant Park
How to reach
Munnar is the beautiful hill station of Kerala and well connected to cities. Kochi International Airport and Ernakulam Railway station are the closest air and rail connection.[ Explore a wide range of Munnar holiday packages ]